Cocoa oat quickies
- 125ml milk
- 125g butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 6 tablespoons (45g) cocoa powder
- 3 cups (270g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (50g) shredded coconut
Preparation:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Place the milk, butter, sugar, and cocoa in a medium sized saucepan, and bring to a full rolling boil. Boil for one minute. Remove from heat, and stir in oats. Mix in coconut, if desired.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand until set. Quickies may be refrigerated to speed setting.
yea sorry. mine did set sort of, after all night not enough to put in lunch box. used raw suger instead of white, would that hurt it? - 22 Sep 2009
Recipe just did not work, they only partially set, put them in a container in the fridge overnight and just ended up with one big lump of brown gunk you had to eat with a spoon. Used long life milk so perhaps that impacted the setting time - 28 Mar 2009
Recipe just did not work - 28 Mar 2009