Trellys Roast Wild Duck (only while in season)
- 2 - 4 ducks
- fruit such as nashi pears, apricots, sweet apple and onion for stuffing
- 2-4 oven bags
- for each oven bag
- 100ml olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1 cube of chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt and cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves crushed unpeeled garlic
- good pinch of oregano
- 1 teaspoon each of garlic black bean paste and chilli paste, and a pork spare rib (optional)
Preparation:20min › Cook:4hours › Extra time:10min › Ready in:4hours30min
- When cleaning the bird, make sure you trim it at the joints rather than cutting bone this will prevent putting holes in oven bags. Place each duck in a large pot or bowl filled with salty water to cover for half an hour to wash.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Stuff each duck with the fruit and some onion. Mix all the oven bag ingredients together and place in each bag. Place the ducks in the bags and seal.
- Cook for approx 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 110-120 degrees C, and cook for another 3 to 4 hours. Make small hole in oven bag (to vent) near the tied end so the bag can be lifted to turn ducks over.
Used different ingredients. This was really delicious. I did it in slow cooker and used wine instead of chicken stock and water. the meat fell of the bones. - 01 Aug 2010
this was so easy and delicious will do again IN SEASON - 01 Aug 2010
lovely - 01 Jun 2009