Easy Mini Quiches
- 3 eggs
- 4 rashers of bacon, diced
- 1 small onion or 1/2 large - diced (You can use red onion for extra colour instead of a brown onion)
- 2 tablespoons of tasty cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- dash of thickened cream, optional
- sprinkle of fresh or dried parsley, optional
- 3-4 pre-made frozen puff pastry squares
Preparation:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Lightly grease 2 patty cake pans (12 cup) with cooking spray or butter.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, bacon, onion, cheese, salt, pepper, cream and parsley (optional) with a fork until mixed together well.
- Using an egg ring, glass or pastry cutter, cut circles out of the defrosted puff pastry and place into the greased patty cake trays (you can use muffin trays but the patty cake ones fit better).
- Spoon the mixture into the pastry.
- Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
I also make these in a 24 mini muffin baking pan and they come out so great, I always make them for parties or for school and the kids and adults love them
I have never frozen these as they are always gone that day but I am sure if frozen correctly they would be fine.
Something else. Clare, do you know if these mini-quiches freeze and thaw well? - 20 Oct 2010
Very Yummy! They work well if you make them ahead of time, and then re-heat them for 5-10 mins in the oven. Instead of bacon I used shredded ham and some chopped tomato and frozen corn. - 01 May 2010
If you don't have puff pastry you can use a circular cookie cutter or similar to make circles out of flattened sliced buttered bread for the bases. (I use an old mushroom can) Spray silicon cupcake cases with canola oil for easy removal. A good base recipe to add whatever you have...herbs, eschallots, mushrooms, creamed corn etc etc - 22 Feb 2009