Gaye's Easy Tomato Relish
- 2lb (1kg) skinned, diced tomatoes
- 2lb (1kg) sliced or diced onions
- 3 cups (660g) sugar
- 1 pint (600ml) malt vinegar
- 1 T salt
- 3 T mustard powder
- 3 T curry powder
- 3 T cornflour and water to mix it
Preparation:30min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour30min
- Skin tomatoes by coring and cutting a cross on top. Pour boiling water over and leave until cool enough to handle. Then very easy to skin.
- Boil all ingredients together for approx 1 hour or until tender.
- Then thicken with 3 T cornflour mixed with a little water to a thin paste. Stir in whilst you stir and cook a further 5 mins stirring all the time.
- Put in clean jars filling right to the top before putting lid on. When cold tighten lid again.
Chunky or smooth
If you like a chunky relish cut in large pieces or smaller for a finer relish.
Hi I'm new to this site and just wanted to check that T = teaspoon...thanks Nicole - 11 Feb 2012
Hi Nicole a T = Tablespoon. - 12 Feb 2013
Altered ingredient amounts. Didn't have enough onions so used apples to bring up the volume. - 04 Feb 2011