Blueberry Sauce or Topping
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons corn flour
- 1/2 teaspoon almond essence
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preparation:5min › Cook:10min › Ready in:15min
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the blueberries, 1/4 cup of water, orange juice and sugar. Stir gently and bring to a boil.
- In a cup or small bowl, mix together the cornflour and 1/4 cup cold water. Gently stir the mixture into the blueberries so as not to mash the berries. Simmer gently until thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the almond essence and cinnamon. Thin sauce with water if you want a less thick version.
I used mixed frozen berries - quick and easy - and served with a plain cheesecake. Perfect! - 30 Jun 2012
Works fine with frozen blueberries but I didnt use the first 1/4 cup of water just the OJ but that might be personal preference. Easy and excellent. - 07 Feb 2010
Really quick and easy to make. The almond essence and cinnamon made it taste and smell great. - 04 Jan 2010