Pineapple, Banana and Walnut Cake
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 250g crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups mashed bananas (approx 3-4 bananas)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream Cheese Icing
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 125g butter, softened
- 500g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Preparation:15min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour15min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour 2 x 22cm cake tins.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, eggs, pineapple, bananas and nuts. Add flour mixture, and mix together by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared tins and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool on racks.
- Prepare the icing by blending together the cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Evenly spread on the middle, sides and top of cake.
Not knowing what a hummingbird cake is, do I place one cake on top of the other, or split them and fill with the icing to make two cakes? - 11 Jun 2012
This is so easy and delicious. I have now made this 3 times. - 03 Mar 2010
Delicious! - 28 Nov 2012