Ice Cream Sandwiches
Makes: 50 ice cream sandwiches
- 2 cups (500ml) whipping cream
- 1 tin (395g) condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 bag of mini Flake chocolate bars, crushed
- 3 packet (250g each) malt biscuits
Preparation:30min › Extra time:4hours freezing › Ready in:4hours30min
- In large bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form; a cool bowl and cool beaters are said to help this process.
- Fold in the condensed milk and the vanilla.
- Fold in your crushed chocolate.
- Layer some biscuits, face down, at the bottom of a baking dish or on a cookie sheet (make sure the container fits in your freezer).
- Using either a spoon or a piping bag, scoop or pipe some of the creamy mixture onto the biscuits, how thick you want it is up to you. If using a piping bag, make sure the opening is large enough for the crumbled chocolate to fit through.
- Place biscuits face up onto the cream (try to align the biscuits).
- Cover with a piece of baking paper, and start again with a new layer of sandwiches, starting with face down biscuits (as above).
- Build up as many layers of sandwiches as you can/want using baking paper between each layer. The baking paper is not essential but makes separating the sandwiches a little bit easier.
- The thickness of your creamy mixture will determine how many biscuits you will actually need.
- Place in the freezer until frozen (this can take anywhere from 2 to 8 hours).
- When sandwiches are frozen, wrap in plastic wrap or in a freezer proof container.
Yields are approximate, it all depends how big or small you make them. 3 packets will get you approximately 50 sandwiches with a moderate amount of cream in them
Great site France. You can use any chocolate that does not have a caramel layer. In my experience I have found it to hard to crush and the caramel is not nice when frozen. Crunchie and Violet Crumble are my favourites. - 18 Jan 2009
We really liked this recipe and couldn't find a similar on this site so I had to share it! It is not overly difficult to prepare, just a bit messy and requires a wee bit of attention! - 14 Jan 2009
This was awesome, just wondering though, how long does it last in the freezer? - 06 Jan 2014