South-East Asian Coleslaw
- 3 tablespoons (60g) smooth peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli sauce, like Tabasco (to taste)
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 red capsicums, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sized cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Preparation:20min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour20min
- Stir together peanut butter, garlic, salt, rice vinegar, soy sauce and chilli sauce until smooth.
- Fold in coriander, chives, and red capsicum. Add shredded cabbage, and toss until well coated.
- Scoop into a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 1 hour. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
My family just absolutely loved this recipe. We thought the taste of it was delicious, and simple ingredients too! Thanks for sharing this recipe Dawn! - 19 Oct 2012
I really like this cuisine so much! The chemistry of recipes were wonderful! I prepared this for my friends during our special gatherings and they totally loved it! I made it with “Curd with chive and bread crust with bacon”, “Chocolate Cookies with Molten Chocolate and Vanilla Ice-cream” and “Seafood pot-au-feu with Vegetables” that I’ve got from www.gourmandia.com. You may wish to take a glance at this site to find more excellent recipes. Have fun!! - 16 Jan 2012
This is a great coleslaw variation that keeps the oldies and youngies happy. I had some chillies on the side for thiose who wanted it. Great combo! - 13 Jan 2009