1 / 1 Picture by: chilechicken
Christmas Tree Cookies
chilechicken Canterbury, New Zealand
Serves : 48
- 3 3/4 cups (465g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (354g) white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lime extract
- 2 drops green food colouring
- 200g dark chocolate melts
- coloured sprinkles, to decorate
Preparation:2hours › Cook:7min › Ready in:2hours7min
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, vanilla, lime and food colouring.
- Gradually blend in the sifted ingredients until fully absorbed. Cover dough, and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Grease cookie sheets.
- On a clean floured surface, roll out small portions of chilled dough. Cut out shapes using Christmas tree shaped cookie cutters.
- Sprinkle the trees with the coloured sprinkles.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes in the preheated oven, being careful not to burn the edges. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
- Once cookies are cool, melt the chocolate and dip the tree trunks into the melted chocolate. Leave to harden on wire racks.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!