Christmas Tree Cookies
3 people made this
I love making these cookies to get into the Christmas spirit. Great for work treats and loved by kids and adults alike.
3 3/4 cups (465g) plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
250g butter, softened
1 1/2 cups (354g) white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lime extract
2 drops green food colouring
200g dark chocolate melts
coloured sprinkles, to decorate
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, vanilla, lime and food colouring.
- Gradually blend in the sifted ingredients until fully absorbed. Cover dough, and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Grease cookie sheets.
- On a clean floured surface, roll out small portions of chilled dough. Cut out shapes using Christmas tree shaped cookie cutters.
- Sprinkle the trees with the coloured sprinkles.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes in the preheated oven, being careful not to burn the edges. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
- Once cookies are cool, melt the chocolate and dip the tree trunks into the melted chocolate. Leave to harden on wire racks.
These were really nice and popular with the family.
- 01 Jan 2011
Write a review
Click on stars to rate