Sherry Marinated Tuna Steaks
- 8 tuna steaks
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sherry
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Preparation:15min › Cook:10min › Extra time:1hour marinating › Ready in:1hour25min
- In a shallow baking dish, mix soy sauce, sherry, vegetable oil, lime juice and garlic. Add the tuna steaks, and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat barbecue for medium high heat. Lightly oil the barbecue hotplate.
- Place tuna steaks on the preheated barbecue and discard remaining marinade. Grill for 3 to 6 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
Allow 1 hour for tuna to marinate.
loved it. simple, quick and totally yummo. 5 stars - 28 Aug 2010
Used different ingredients. This is an excellent recipe, though I made a few adjustments. First, I marinated the fish (salmon and mahi mahi) overnight instead of for just one hour. Second I added a tablespoon of ginger and chilli paste for a touch more complexity. Both fish were wonderful, I will be sure to use this again and again. - 29 Sep 2008
DELICIOUS! I used 1/2" thick "spot" fillets for this recipe. (spot is what they are called locally here in southeastern North Carolina, silver with a black spot and yellow markings; I don't know if they have other names elsewhere). I was afraid the difference in thickness would make the marinade too strong, but since I had about a pound of fillets, I decided to chance it. They were perfect, grilled in about 3 minutes on my indoor grill. YUMMY! Will be using this recipe again and again. My picky children wouldn't touch it though. - 29 Sep 2008