Broad Bean and Artichoke Hotpot with Golden Eggs
1 person made this
A simple vegetarian dish.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 small Spanish onions, cut into wedges
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons cummin seeds
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon saffron threads
Some mint, bay leaves and parsley, tied in a bundle
4 cups (1 litre) vegetable stock
12 baby artichokes, trimmed and cut in half, place in acid water
400g podded broad beans
1 tablespoon white vinegar
choppped mint and parsley
- Heat oil, add onion and garlic, cook for 5 mins without colour. Add spices and a pinch of saffron, cook until fragrant.
- Add stock and artichokes, season, simmer until artichokes are tender, remove artichokes and keep warm.
- Add vinegar to 4 cups of water and the remaining saffron, poach eggs for 3 minutes.
- Saute the broad beans, add the artichokes.
- To serve place the vegetable mixture into bowls with a little of the resulting liquid. Place egg on top, sprinkle with cheese and herbs and serve straight away.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate