1 / 1 Picture by:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small Spanish onions, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons cummin seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- Some mint, bay leaves and parsley, tied in a bundle
- 4 cups (1 litre) vegetable stock
- 12 baby artichokes, trimmed and cut in half, place in acid water
- 400g podded broad beans
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- For serving
- shaved parmesan
- choppped mint and parsley
Preparation:1hour › Cook:1hour › Ready in:2hours
- Heat oil, add onion and garlic, cook for 5 mins without colour. Add spices and a pinch of saffron, cook until fragrant.
- Add stock and artichokes, season, simmer until artichokes are tender, remove artichokes and keep warm.
- Add vinegar to 4 cups of water and the remaining saffron, poach eggs for 3 minutes.
- Saute the broad beans, add the artichokes.
- To serve place the vegetable mixture into bowls with a little of the resulting liquid. Place egg on top, sprinkle with cheese and herbs and serve straight away.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!