Very Easy Lemon Yoghurt Cake
- 2 lemons, rind, grated finely
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups (250g) raw sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (250g) Greek style plain yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups wholemeal (280g) self raising flour
Preparation:15min › Cook:40min › Extra time:5min › Ready in:1hour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour a 23 cm cake tin.
- Grate all the peel from the lemons into the mixing bowl. Add the oil, eggs and sugar beat with a beater until thick and well blended.
- Add the salt, yoghurt and lemon juice and beat again briefly to mix well. Fold in the flour.
- Pour the cake mixture into a the prepared tin and bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until the sides start to shrink, the centre springs back when pressed and a skewer comes out clean. It will be slightly moist.
- Leave to cool in pan for about 10 minutes before turning carefully out onto a cooling rack.
- Serve slices sprinkled with a little icing sugar and top with thick clotted cream or just whipped cream.
Something else. I have made this before and covered with a lemon syrup to make it more showy for a dinner party dessert - 10 Sep 2009
Used different ingredients. I didn't have wholemeal flour with me. So, I substituted with the same amount of plain wheat flour, added 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda and sieved the mixture. - 28 Dec 2010
Easy and tasty. Dissapeared at morning tea. made it into two loaf sized and made a syrup for it (not sure it needed it but forces of habit) - 05 May 2011