Ginger Cake Muffins
2 people made this
A recipe from a friend - so very yummy and a favourite of my clients
1 3/4 cups plain flour, sifted
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup caster sugar
125 g butter, melted
3/4 cup sour cream
1/3 cup golden syrup
1/2 cup glace ginger, finely chopped
250 g cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup icing sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon lemon essence
2-3 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl.
- Place the butter, eggs, sour cream, golden syrup and ginger in another bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the butter mix to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Line two 12 cup muffin tins with papers and fill 3/4 full and bake in oven for 18-20 minutes. Cool in tin for 5 minutes the flip onto wire rack.
- For the icing process the cream cheese till smooth, add in the icing sugar and mix till fluffy, add the colouring and lemon essence.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate