1 / 1 Picture by: Hamishka81
Tasty Chick Pea Curry
SpicyChick Victoria, Australia
- 1 dash vegetable oil
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (5cm) sticks cinnamon, crushed
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 2 (440g) tins of chick peas, 1/2 the liquid reserved
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped
Preparation:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat sautee the onions until they are tender.
- Stir the ginger and garlic into the onion. Add the turmeric, cumin, coriander, cayenne, cinnamon and salt. Cook for 1 minute over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Mix in chickpeas and the liquid. Continue to cook and stir until all ingredients are well combined and heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in coriander just before serving, reserving a little for garnish.
I put in mushrooms, tomato and extra onion. Also some more spice to compensate. Delicious! The fresh coriander gives it a great texture! - 03 Jan 2009
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!