- 750g cooked prawns, peeled and deveined
- 120g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 250ml thickened cream
- 1/2 small bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 100g grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and ground black to taste
- 1 packet (500g) linguine
Preparation:15min › Cook:12min › Ready in:27min
- Cook pasta in lots of boiling salted water until al dente according to packet directions - about 9-11 minutes.
- While linguine is cooking, melt butter in a large frypan. Add garlic and saute briefly to release flavor. Add cream; heat just to boiling, stirring frequently. Lower heat and stir in the prawns, parsley, basil and thyme. Continue cooking until the prawns are just heated through. Do not overcook. Remove sauce from heat.
- Drain the pasta and toss lightly with the sauce. Toss again with cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Altered ingredient amounts. 1/2 cup of sweet chilly sauce - 17 Feb 2011
I found this to be surprisingly delicious and very easy. I thought perhaps it would taste basically the same as fettucini carbonara except with prawns. It did not. The butter with the cream was a nice touch I had not thought of. The kids were a little afraid of linguine until I explained it was pasta. Thanks for the recipe. - 12 Jun 2009
- 09 Sep 2010