Garlic and Lemon Chicken Breast
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup (250ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon paprika
Preparation:10min › Cook:20min › Extra time:8hours marinating › Ready in:8hours30min
- Cut 3 slits in each chicken breast to allow marinade to penetrate. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and paprika for about 30 seconds. Place chicken in a large bowl and pour marinade over. Using your hands, work marinade into chicken. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat barbecue for medium heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Cook chicken on the barbecue until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear-about 10 minutes per side.
Something else. You can pour the marinade into a large plastic bag, add the chicken breasts and then twist the top of the bag to close. This way, you can massage the marinade into the cuts without touching it with your hands, and it won't taint other things in the fridge. - 20 Jan 2011
Very easy to make and very tasty! The wife loves this one now! We roast potato's, sweet potato's and pumpkin and steam vegies to go with it. I haven't had time to marinade the chicken overnight as yet, but it still turns out great tasting! - 24 May 2011
This was excellent! The chicken remained so moist. It would also be nice to slice the chicken and put in wraps with some tzatziki dressing and salad. - 08 Mar 2011