1 / 1 Picture by: Allrecipes
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- generous pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup (90g) white sugar
- 1/2 cup (60g) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 65g butter
- 1/3 cup (60g) icing sugar for decoration
Preparation:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Butter and flour a tray (12) Madeleine moulds and set aside.
- Melt butter and let cool to room temperature.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs, vanilla and salt at high speed until light.
- Beating constantly, gradually add sugar; and continue beating at high speed until mixture is thick and pale and ribbons form in bowl when beaters are lifted, about 5 to 10 minutes. Sift flour into egg mixture 1/3 at a time, gently folding after each addition.
- Add lemon rind and pour melted butter around edge of batter. Quickly but gently fold butter into batter. Spoon batter into moulds; it will mound slightly above tops.
- Bake 14 to 17 minutes, or until cakes are golden and the tops spring back when gently pressed with your fingertip.
- Use the tip of the knife to loosen the madeleines from pan; invert onto rack. Let them cool then sprinkle them with icing sugar. madeleines are best eaten the day they're baked. Leftover madeleines are wonderful when dunked into coffee or tea.
Altered ingredient amounts. add some chicken - 20 Feb 2009
So good, I love them. - 25 Aug 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!