Sesame Asparagus on the Barbecue
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dark brown soft sugar
- 2 bunches (12) asparagus, woody stems removed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Preparation:10min › Cook:8min › Ready in:18min
- Preheat barbecue for high heat.
- In a shallow baking dish, mix sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic and sugar. Place asparagus in the dish, and toss to coat.
- Lightly oil the hotplate. Add the asparagus and barbecue for 8 minutes, until tender but firm. Garnish with sesame seeds to serve.
love your recipe,my first time at doing asparagus,my family loved them!!!! - 21 Apr 2013
A terrific summer side dish! I love asparagus on the grill, the smokey, charred flavour is delicious. I steamed my asparagus for about 3 minutes inside, marinated, then placed on the grill with my pork tenderloin for a couple minutes to finish. So happy you shared this! - 29 Sep 2008
I cooked this under the grill and they were very tasty. Next time, we will try the barby. - 29 Sep 2008