White Chocolate Macadamia Biscuits
- 125g butter
- 3/4 cup (185g) white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/4 cups (155g) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 250g white chocolate, chopped or white chocolate bits
- 200g macadamia nuts, chopped
Preparation:15min › Cook:8min › Ready in:23min
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, stir in the white chocolate and nuts. Drop cookies by heaping teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased baking tray, about 5 cm apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. When cool, store in an airtight container.
I've tried several White Chocolate and Macadamia Cookie recipes lately but this is by far the best, crisp cookies but with a bit of softness in the middle, perfect. I only had a packet of 130g of macadamias but there were still plenty in each biscuit. Excellent recipe. - 03 Oct 2011
After trying many different recipes I came across this one...it is the yummiest...I put them in eggs rings to cook and they came out perfect...thanks for posting it... - 21 Jul 2013
At first seemed like there were too many choc/macadamias to recipe but when cooked are perfect quantities! They are very good, but very sweet (Could only eat a couple lol). Batch made 30 cookies for me. - 23 Mar 2013