Barbecued Prawns with Lemon, Parsley and Garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- chilli flakes to taste (optional)
- 700g uncooked fresh king prawns, peeled and deveined
Preparation:40min › Cook:5min › Ready in:45min
- In a large, glass bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic and black pepper. Season with chilli flakes, if desired. Add prawns and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat barbecue for high heat. Thread prawns onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Lightly oil cooking hotplate. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.
Altered ingredient amounts. My partner couldn't get enough of this dish! I made a double batch of the marinade and set aside half to coat the pasta; I then marinated pre-cooked prawns for about 45 minutes. I tossed the prawns and marinade together with wholewheat linguine. The family loved it and partner commented that it was the best prawns & pasta he'd ever had. - 21 Jul 2008
I made this for our family Christmas party and it was a big hit. Everyone wanted the recipe. - 10 Dec 2012
Altered ingredient amounts. I followed the recipe as is,but i didn't have fresh parsley on hand so i used dried italian herbs instead(probably about 1-2 teaspoons) and i also added the zest of 1 lemon.With the garlic,i crushed 2 fresh cloves instead of using the minced garlic in jar. - 06 Sep 2009