Vegetarian BBQ Mushrooms
Makes: 3 Mushrooms
- 3 portobello mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 spring fresh rosemary, diced (optional)
Preparation:10min › Cook:10min › Extra time:1hour marinating › Ready in:1hour20min
- Clean mushrooms and remove the stems. Place caps on a plate top side down.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, onion, garlic, vinegar and rosemary, if using. Pour mixture evenly over the mushrooms and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the barbecue for medium high heat. Remove the mushrooms from the marinade. Barbecue the mushrooms for 10 minutes, turning frequently. Serve immediately.
Watch a video of it being made…
Used different ingredients. Added blue cheese and cooked in tinfoil - 06 Nov 2008
Yummy. After marinating, add a teaspoon size of blue cheese to the top and wrap each mushroom in tinfoil before adding to the bbq for approx 20 mins. Sublime. - 06 Nov 2008
Really delicious and easy but next time I will 1/2 the balsamic vinegar and put a small amount of fresh chilli. - 13 May 2012