Vegetarian BBQ Mushrooms
Makes: 3 Mushrooms
- 3 portobello mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 spring fresh rosemary, diced (optional)
Preparation:10min › Cook:10min › Extra time:1hour marinating › Ready in:1hour20min
- Clean mushrooms and remove the stems. Place caps on a plate top side down.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, onion, garlic, vinegar and rosemary, if using. Pour mixture evenly over the mushrooms and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the barbecue for medium high heat. Remove the mushrooms from the marinade. Barbecue the mushrooms for 10 minutes, turning frequently. Serve immediately.
Used different ingredients. Added blue cheese and cooked in tinfoil - 06 Nov 2008
Yummy. After marinating, add a teaspoon size of blue cheese to the top and wrap each mushroom in tinfoil before adding to the bbq for approx 20 mins. Sublime. - 06 Nov 2008
Really delicious and easy but next time I will 1/2 the balsamic vinegar and put a small amount of fresh chilli. - 13 May 2012