Barbecued Portobello Mushrooms
- 3 portobello mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 spring fresh rosemary, chopped (optional)
Preparation:10min › Cook:10min › Extra time:1hour marinating › Ready in:1hour20min
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems, reserve for other use. Place caps on a plate with the gills up.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, onion, garlic, optional rosemary and vinegar. Pour mixture evenly over the mushroom caps and let stand for 1 hour.
- Preheat barbecue for medium high heat. Tip out the marinade from the mushrooms and rub it over all surfaces of the mushrooms. Barbecue mushrooms for 10 minutes, turning frequently. Serve immediately.
Used different ingredients. Added blue cheese and cooked in tinfoil - 06 Nov 2008
Yummy. After marinating, add a teaspoon size of blue cheese to the top and wrap each mushroom in tinfoil before adding to the bbq for approx 20 mins. Sublime. - 06 Nov 2008
Really delicious and easy but next time I will 1/2 the balsamic vinegar and put a small amount of fresh chilli. - 13 May 2012