1 / 1 Picture by:
- 100g streaky bacon, without rind
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 800g tin tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbl tomato paste
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To Serve
- Pasta of choice
Preparation:20min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour20min
- Dice bacon.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and saute the diced bacon, finely chopped onion and garlic for about 5 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, the tomato paste, diced red pepper and sugar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Simmer the sauce gently, uncovered, for about 1 hour. Taste and re-season if needed before serving on hot pasta.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!