Barbecued Peanut Chicken Breasts
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1/3 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 dash ground cayenne pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
Preparation:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Preheat barbecue for high heat.
- In a bowl, mix the peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, curry powder and cayenne pepper.
- Lightly oil the BBQ hotplate. Add chicken and brush with 1/2 the sauce. Cook for 6 to 10 minutes. Turn chicken and brush with remaining sauce. Continue cooking further 6 to 10 minutes until chicken juices run clear.
Altered ingredient amounts. I've make this minus the curry, (can't seem to acquire a taste for that) Make double (or triple) sauce, warm it up and serve it over some kind of asian noodles pad tai style... or linguini or angel hair. A sprinkling of finely chopped green onions is a good add in. Thinning out the sauce with a little chicken stock if it's too thick. I prefer using the crunchy peanut butter or I've also topped it with chopoped peanuts. My peanut butter lovin' 4 year old eats it up. - 29 Sep 2008
Wasn't too bad. I found though that brushing the chicken with the sauce before it was cooked through just made the sauce burn. I think it would work better to cook the chicken first and then add the sauce at the end more like a glaze. It tastes good though. - 22 Oct 2009
Altered ingredient amounts. The sauce is VERY thick. I added another tbsp of soy sauce plus some water to thin it out enough to baste the chicken. What a different cooking method makes! The first time I made this, I baked it and it came out pretty good. Recently, I followed the recipe and grilled it. The grill roasts the peanut butter and gives it a carmelised flavour that baking just cannot replicate. While the chicken was grilling, I made a douple recipe of the sauce, added 1 1/2 tsp sugar and more water, and brought it to a boil in a sauce pan. I served the chicken over whole wheat pasta and topped with the extra sauce. - 29 Sep 2008