Wine Marinade for Swordfish
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 swordfish steaks
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- 4 slices lemon, for garnish (optional)
Preparation:10min › Cook:10min › Extra time:1hour marinating › Ready in:1hour20min
- In a glass baking dish, whisk together the garlic, white wine, lemon juice, soy sauce, olive oil, seasoning of choice, salt and pepper. Place swordfish steaks into the marinade and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning frequently.
- Preheat barbecue for high heat, and lightly oil hotplate.
- Barbecue swordfish steaks for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Garnish with optional parsley and lemon wedges.
Used different ingredients. I added 1/2 teaspoon chilli paste. It gave this excellent dish a bit of bite. The whole family loved it and have asked me to cook it again. - 10 Apr 2009
I did this recipe using a firm white fish about 20mm thick. I used a "Weber Q" BBQ (enclosed) and cooked for 4 minutes each side at 200c. Will do it again, that's for sure. - 06 Aug 2011
Something else. Wonderful! This was soooo delicious. I did change it to 1 table oil of seasame oil and 1 table spoon of olive oil. Also added toasted seasame seeds to top it off. Very good. Served with Brown Rice and Corn on ALL Recipes and Summer Squash on All Recipes as well. - 29 Sep 2008