1 / 1 Picture by:
Seafood Mornay Filo Parcels
Makes: 8 parcels
- 1 box filo pastry
- 1 kilo of mixed seafood of your choice (weight is after all shelling etc)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 spring onion
- 1 sprig of parsley finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- ½ cup (total) of three cheeses (parmesan, tasty, mozzarella) grated
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- pinch of salt/pepper
Preparation:10min › Cook:25min › Ready in:35min
- Cut all the seafood to a similar small size if needed. Heat some olive oil in a fry pan and then gently add seafood and cook for around 2 minutes tossing around in the pan. Remove from the frypan and set aside.
- Then put the garlic in the pan with spring onions and parsley, cook for a minute and then return the seafood to the frypan and stir together for 1 minute. Drain the juices and put seafood into a bowl and let cool.
- To make the mornay sauce, put the margarine into a saucepan to melt then add corn flour and mix well until thick then add the milk and keep stirring until the consistency is like a thin custard. Add salt and pepper to taste, then add the cheeses stir till thick, put aside.
- When the seafood has cooled preheat the oven to 180c and get the filo pastry ready. You need three sheets per wrap. Spray each sheet with a little olive oil and lay three sheets together one on top of the other.
- Put a large tablespoon of the seafood in the centre and put a tablespoon of the mornay sauce over the top. Wrap up the pastry around the filling like you're wrapping some hot chips up in a fish and chip shop. (These will end up looking like fat spring rolls.)
- Then melt a little margarine and brush the tops and put into the oven for around 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with a little of the sauce poured over each wrap just before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!