Mustard and Citrus Prawns
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons white wine (optional)
- 30 uncooked tiger or king prawns, peeled and deveined
Preparation:10min › Cook:5min › Extra time:1hour marinating › Ready in:1hour15min
- In a glass dish, mix together the olive oil, mustard, garlic, lemon juice, orange juice, basil and white wine. Add the prawns, and stir to coat. Cover, and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat barbecue to high heat.
- Thread prawns onto skewers and cook on barbecue for 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until they turn pink.
Used different ingredients. This was FANTASTIC! I tweeked it a little. I added three heaped tbsp of mayonnaise and dijon mustard , melted butter, and twice the amt of garlic into the marinade. Marinated it for one hour. Instead of grilling them i poured the marinade into a shallow pan, took the sauce up to the boil and then stirred in the rest of the prawns until cooked! The sauce was great served with freshly baked rolls. - 29 Sep 2008
Delicious. Added cream to the marinade after removing the prawns and heated through in a shallow pan. Drizzled over the prawns when plated. - 07 Apr 2010
Absolutely delicious! Have made this dozens of times and everyone falls in love with it! Gourmet wow factor with little effort!! - 26 Apr 2010