Pasta with Garlic Mashed Potato Sauce
Creamy, garlic-infused mashed potatoes over hot buttered spaghetti. This is inexpensive comfort food, Italian style.
9 people made this
4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
5 cloves pressed/crushed garlic
3/4 cup milk
125g margarine or butter (divided)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain and return to the same saucepan.
- While still hot, add the garlic, milk, 1/2 of the margarine, cheese, salt and parsley.
- Mash or whip with electric beaters until creamy.
- In a separate saucepan, boil the spaghetti in salted water until 'al dente'. Reserve 1/4 cup of the hot spaghetti water and add to the mashed potatoes.
- Drain the pasta and return to saucepan. Add the remaining margarine and mix through.
- Stir the potatoes, checking by eye to see if they need any further milk added...the idea is to get an almost runny consistency to 'pour' over the pasta.
- Spoon over spaghetti and top with a knob of margarine and grated parmesan cheese.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (1)
I made this dish at home and I substituted Thai chili sauce for the parsley my girlfriend shot me with her crossbow
26 Feb 2013
User's IP: 188.8.131.52