2 / 2
5 people made this
Apricot loaf is just the perfect thing with a cup of tea on a cold day! The smell of it baking fills the kitchen. A little orange zest adds a nice touch.
90g sultanas, chopped
30g chopped dried apricots
grated rind of 1 orange
2 tablespoons orange juice
125g caster sugar
1 egg, beaten slightly
250g self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Lightly grease a 23x12cm loaf tin.
- In a small bowl, combine sultanas, apricots, orange rind and orange juice. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Beat in egg. Stir in fruit. Stir in flour alternately with milk. Pour mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into centre of loaf comes out clean.
- Serve sliced and buttered with a pot of tea.
I agree, it was great in my lunch box although too crumbly to eat right out of the oven
- 23 Apr 2012
Hubby liked it in his lunch box as stayed quite moist.
- 15 Mar 2011
Write a review
Click on stars to rate