- 90g sultanas, chopped
- 30g chopped dried apricots
- grated rind of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 125g caster sugar
- 45g butter
- 1 egg, beaten slightly
- 250g self-raising flour
- 180ml milk
Preparation:15min › Cook:40min › Ready in:55min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Lightly grease a 23x12cm loaf tin.
- In a small bowl, combine sultanas, apricots, orange rind and orange juice. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Beat in egg. Stir in fruit. Stir in flour alternately with milk. Pour mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into centre of loaf comes out clean.
- Serve sliced and buttered with a pot of tea.
I agree, it was great in my lunch box although too crumbly to eat right out of the oven - 23 Apr 2012
Hubby liked it in his lunch box as stayed quite moist. - 15 Mar 2011