Be the first to make this!
Shrek's amazing green comes to this blended veggies dish that kids just love! Easy way to get them to eat their veggies and great for baby food too.
2 medium potatoes
4 -5 leaves of silverbeet, or spinach
1/4 cup peas or sugar snap peas
a handful of small pieces of brocolli
1 tablesspoon butter
salt and pepper to taste
splash of milk or water
- Boil the veggies in salted water until tender and falling apart. Drain off the water.
- In a blender or food processor, whizz up all the veggies with splash of milk until pureed. It can be slightly chunky if desired.
- Once whizzed up, add the salt, pepper and butter to taste.
- To serve: announce that you were just talking to Shrek's cook the other day and you got the recipe for one of his favourite meals - Shrek's Gruel.
- Watch your kids be totally delighted, and ask for more!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate