4 people made this
An easy to make double-layer Cinnamon Slice. The mixing is done in a food processor. This is great to eat with coffee so is good for a morning tea.
1 cup (125g) self raising flour
1 cup (155g) soft brown sugar
70 grams butter, chopped up
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup (80ml) milk
1/2 cup (60g) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180 Celsius. Line a 23x23 centimetre square tin with baking paper.
- Process the flour, sugar and butter in food processor until resembles texture of fine breadcrumbs. Put the mixture in a mixing bowl.
- Take 1 cup of this mixture and spread and press down gently into lined tin.
- Add spices and baking powder to mixing bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg and milk to combine.
- With wide spoon combine wet and dry ingredients, do not overmix.
- Pour into tin on top of base and smooth the surface. Spread the walnuts on top.
- Bake 30 minutes in preheated oven. test with a skewer that it is done.
Very easy to make and yummy as well, walnuts really set it off.
- 06 Aug 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate