Zesty Ginger Pork Chops
- 1/2 cup (125ml) orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic chilli paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 pork loin chops
Preparation:10min › Cook:12min › Extra time:2hours marinating › Ready in:2hours22min
- In a shallow container, mix together orange juice, soy sauce, ginger, orange zest, garlic, chilli paste and salt. Add pork chops, and turn to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight. Turn the pork chops in the marinade occasionally.
- Preheat barbecue to medium high heat. Cook pork chops for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking.
Loved this recipe! Even got my teenage son eating these chops and he doesn't even eat pork - to his surprise (and mine). Deliciously simple and clean ingredients.. I served with caramelised onions and an asian inspired green salad. Definitely will be repeat this recipe. Thank you. - 04 Oct 2009
Altered ingredient amounts. These were good. I didn't have any chilli paste or orange zest and this may have intensified the flavours if I had used them. The nicest thing about the marinade was I had most of the ingredients on hand. I think I will pick up some chilli paste next time I am at the store and give this another shot. - 29 Sep 2008
I gave this a 5 stars because it was VERY EASY AND VERY flavourFUL! I followed the recipe EXACTLY and for us it was a bit too much ginger, but its called Asian GINGER pork chops right? These pork chops grilled to a very NICE colour and I would try them again. Next time just for our taste I would cut the ginger to half the amount. But it is very good as is, ESPECIALLY to those ginger lovers out there! Thanks for a great and easy recipe. - 29 Sep 2008