Be the first to make this!
Prawns are very popular among Indians, and have many preparations. This is a authentic Kerala region curry. Serve with rice.
500g tiger prawns
2 teaspoons ginger paste
2 tablespoons finely chopped onions paste
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 tablespoon dry red chilli flakes
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
2 teaspoons coriander powder
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
60ml pure coconut oil
salt to taste
2 sprigs curry leaves
Extra time:20min marinating ›
- Clean and wash the prawns well.
- Marinate the prawns with all the ingredients except curry leaves & oil for 20 minutes.
- Stir together the prawns in a deep frying pan and simmer over low flame and cover the pan with a lid for 3 minutes.
- Remove the cover springle a little warm water and cook for 10 minutes and remove from the fire.
- Heat oil in a separate shallow pan and fry the curry leaves in the oil
- Pour the cooked prawns and masala, into the curry leaves and mix well - fry for another few minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate