Best Blueberry Muffins
- 3 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 190g unsalted butter at room temp.
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
Preparation:10min › Cook:35min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Prepare a 12 hole muffin tray by either spraying it with oil spray or lining it with muffin cases.
- Using an electric mixer, blend flour, sugar, butter and salt in a large bowl until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of mixture for the struesel topping.
- Add baking powder and baking soda to the remaining main flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually beat into main flour mixture.
- Carefully and evenly fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin cups and sprinkle the streusel on top.
- Bake until golden brown and skewer comes out clean, approx 25mins for fresh berries and 35 mins for frozen.
- Cool for 5 mins in pan then transfer to cooling rack.
- Muffins can be kept up to 3 days kept in airtight container.
This is a wonderful blueberry muffin. I loved the flour sugar butter topping. However, I baked the muffins at 350 F. The directions called for 200 F. I think perhaps it was meant to be 200 C. I used a wooden spoon to mix the batter. The batter did make more than a 12 cup muffin pan could hold. So, next time I will not use all the batter. - 19 May 2013
Great little Patty ( Fairy) Cakes. - 09 Mar 2014
Wonderful recipe! I was out of unsalted butter so just used normal butter and they still turned out great. Definitely will be making these again. Absolutely delicious. - 17 Jan 2014