Banana Walnut Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups (220g) plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 pinch teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 250g (3 medium peeled) mashed ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup (155g) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
Preparation:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tray or line with paper muffin cups.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites slightly. Stir in bananas, sugar, oil and lemon rind. Stir into flour mixture until just until combined. Stir in walnuts. Fill muffin pans about two thirds full.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in a muffin comes out clean and tops are lightly browned.
- Cool slightly, turn muffins out onto a wire rack and allow to cool.
Altered ingredient amounts. I added 1 tbspn choc chips and used SR flour. I don't think the lemon rind is complimentary as it takes away from the banana taste so I'll leave it out next time. - 18 Jun 2009
Altered ingredient amounts. These muffins are really easy to make and very good. I do recommend adding more walnuts then the recipe calls for. And i used one whole egg and one egg white. - 14 Jul 2008
Quick and easy to make. I added 3 tablespoons of choc chips and left out the lemon and they tasted really nice. Will make again. - 14 Nov 2011