Banana Lemon Compote
- 4 cups (1 kg) ripe bananas
- 80ml fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preparation:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth. Pour into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer slowly, till mixture is thickened. Serve warm over pancakes, or allow to cool and serve as a jam.
- Store any left over in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Add some of this cold compote to ice cream and milk in a blender, and whiz all together for a banana milk shake!
My son used this recipe for one of his school competitions last year and received a blue ribbon. I personal thought it could have been a little sweeter. Make sure the bananas are VERY ripe. - 29 Sep 2008
This banana-ry treat was marvelous on toast! And to think that I thought Avocado Jam was devine...ME! PROFESSOR RESPEUTEON! For an extra treat, scoop it onto your porridge! That's what I call BANANALICOUS! - 29 Sep 2008
it taste better with pancakes than with bread - 29 Sep 2008