Dumplings are a great addition to a stew or casserole. Once made they are simply dropped on top to cook, they can be sprinkled with cheese and placed under the grill to finish if desired.
10 people made this
1 1/3 cups (170g) plain flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon dried herbs e.g. Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder, optional
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
2/3 cup (165ml) milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix the flour, baking powder, herbs, salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper with a fork or sift together to make sure the mixture is fully incorporated.
- Stir the milk and oil into the dry mixture as little as possible.
- Gently roll into small balls and drop into boiling stew.
- The balls will float up and triple in size when done. (They should look like little brains.)
- Test one by cutting in half to make sure it's cooked through before serving.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 184.108.40.206