3 people made this
Dumplings are a great addition to a stew or casserole. Once made they are simply dropped on top to cook, they can be sprinkled with cheese and placed under the grill to finish if desired.
1 1/3 cups (170g) plain flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon dried herbs e.g. Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder, optional
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
2/3 cup (165ml) milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix the flour, baking powder, herbs, salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper with a fork or sift together to make sure the mixture is fully incorporated.
- Stir the milk and oil into the dry mixture as little as possible.
- Gently roll into small balls and drop into boiling stew.
- The balls will float up and triple in size when done. (They should look like little brains.)
- Test one by cutting in half to make sure it's cooked through before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate