Chai and Banana Bread
- 2 cups (250g) plain flour
- 3 level teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 130g light cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 170g mashed bananas
- 4 tablespoons brewed chai tea, room temperature
Preparation:10min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour10min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix sugar, cream cheese and eggs until light and fluffy. Mix mashed bananas and chai into cream cheese mixture. Add flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a greased 23x12cm loaf tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 60 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Remove from pan after 10 minutes.
Altered ingredient amounts. I made this for some of my friends at work, and it was a big hit. I raised it to a 110ml of chai which made it very moist and lovely. Also, the cream cheese made little cream cheese pockets randomly, which were so delicious! Served with strawberries and coffee, this was really fantastic, so easy and rewarding. - 14 Jul 2008
Great recipe. - 14 Jul 2008
I don't know if I did something wrong here, but I followed the recipe exactly and the bread came out bland and VERY dry...I only baked the bread for 50 min. instead of 60 - and still over done. - 14 Jul 2008