Mild Curry Omelette
Serves : 1
- 1 tablespoon light sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 thinly sliced spring onions
- 1/4 cup diced red capsicum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 eggs, beaten
Preparation:6min › Cook:4min › Ready in:10min
- Heat sesame oil in a frypan over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook for 20 seconds until fragrant, then stir in the onion, green onion, capsicum and salt. Cook for a minute or two until the vegetables soften. Sprinkle with coriander, cumin and turmeric; cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Spread the vegetables evenly over the bottom of the frypan. Pour in egg, and cook gently until set, then turn over and cook for an addition 30 seconds to firm. Roll omelette onto a plate to serve.
I really enjoyed this dish. I was a little hesitant to try it because I don't use turmeric or ground coriander often, but the combination added a great flavor. I left out the spring onions because I did not have any and topped it with a little cheese. I will make this again. - 08 May 2013