12 people made this
These are tasty chocolate biscuits made with cornflakes - a kiwi classic. You'll find yourself addicted. The good thing is they are REALLY easy to make.
1/2 cup (125g) sugar
1/4 cup 30g cocoa
1 1/4 cups (155g) plain flour
2 cups cornflakes
1 batch chocolate icing
walnuts, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and grease or line two baking trays.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sift cocoa and flour together then add to creamed mixture; fold in cornflakes.
- Spoon mixture onto a greased tray in tablespoons.
- Bake at in preheated oven for approx 15 minutes.
- When cold ice with melted chocolate or chocolate icing and press a half walnut into the centre.
Made it healthier.
substituted 1/4cup of plain flour for the 1/4cup of cocoa and did not ice. Delicious!
- 13 Apr 2010
This recipe is a winner. Quick, easy and absolutely delicious. I always get positive comments when I make them! At their best with the choc icing and walnut.
- 24 Jul 2010
Altered ingredient amounts.
Used melted chocolate - 8 squares of Lindt 70% - to spread on the top of them
- 28 Jan 2010
Write a review
Click on stars to rate