Banana Loaf in the Bread Machine
Serves : 10
- 2 1/4 cups (280g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, peeled and halved lengthwise
Preparation:10min › Cook:50min › Ready in:1hour
- Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine.
- Select the 'Dough' setting, and press 'Start'. Mix the bread for 3 to 5 minutes until the bananas are mashed and all ingredients are thoroughly combined. If necessary, use a rubber spatula to push the dough from the sides of the bread pan. When 3 to 5 minutes have passed on the clock display, press Stop. Do not continue mixing.
- Smooth out the top of the loaf with the rubber spatula.
- Select the 'Bake' setting, and press 'Start'. The 'Bake' cycle time may vary with machines, but should be about 50 minutes. To test the bread for doneness, insert a wooden skewer into the centre top. Remove the stick. If the bread is done, the stick will come out clean. If there is dough on the stick, reset the machine on Bake and continue to bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Test again to assure the bread is completely baked.
- Remove the pan from the machine, but allow the bread to remain in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove the bread to cool completely on a wire rack.
Used different ingredients. This is the easiest recipe for banana bread I have found.I also added some chopped walnuts to my bread, It was great! Thank You Dee. - 14 Jul 2008
Super easy recipe! I use it now to make my pumpkin bread too. I just substitute pumpkin for bananas and add nuts, spices and sultanas. What a time saver from making it the old fashioned way. :-) - 14 Jul 2008
We loved it! I used Hermesetas Spoon for Spoon powder instead of the sugar - coz I'm Diabetic (at times) And my bread maker has a really deep bowl - so I could even have doubled the recipe. Had to use it on the Yeast free setting, because there's no manual bake - and that meant it wasn't quite dark enough at the end, so I finished it off in the oven for 10 mins at 175C. The house was filled with the wonderful aroma of banana once we cut it. Yum! - 12 Dec 2011