Pumpkin, Bacon and Chickpea Salad
This salad recipe has been given to me by my step mother and I just love it. Real summery and great for BBQ's.
12 people made this
4 cups pumpkin or sweet potato or both, peeld and cut into piecs
2 rashers bacon
1 (400g) tin chickpeas, drained
handful fresh corriander, torn
1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
30ml olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste
- Salad: Roast pumpkin for 20 minutes, cool and dice into 2cm cubes.
- Grill bacon until cooked; cool and dice.
- Place pumpkin, bacon, chickpeas and coriander into a bowl then mix gently.
- Dressing: In separate jug mix the dressing.
- Tip dressing gently onto salad.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (1)
Add feta & grated lemon rind. Delicious !
12 Mar 2014
User's IP: 184.108.40.206