Mushroom pasta with port
4 people made this
This is a very plain and simple vegetarian pasta recipe that was born out of the imagination of 3 hungry friends, who thought adding a bit of port in the pasta sauce wouldn't hurt.
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 onions, sliced
3 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
250g button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
250g brown mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
1 (400g) tin whole tomatoes
1 (500g) packet of fresh tagliatelle
a bunch of basil
a few sprigs of fresh thyme
a few sprigs of fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large pot and cook the onions over a medium heat until golden brown. Add the garlic, mushrooms and zucchini; cook until soft.
- Pour in tomatoes and cut them up roughly in the saucepan with wooden spoon. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add herbs, Worcestershire sauce and port.
- Leave to simmer for 45 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- After half an hour, bring 2 litres of lightly salted water to a boil. When boiling, add the fresh pasta and cook uncovered for 2-3 min.
- Drain pasta and serve hot, covered with the sauce. Leave large bowl of freshly roughly grated parmesan on table for people to sprinkle on top.
I served this as a side dish and every one enjoyed it. A nice way to use Zucchini.
- 06 May 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate