Be the first to make this!
This recipe is very quick and easy to make. I have made it for many dinner parties, friends and family keep coming back for more.
1 onion, diced
4 slices streaky bacon, diced
2 chicken breast fillets
1 dash olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
1/4 cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
2 large sprigs rosemary, finely diced
200g tinned peeled tomatoes
3 tablespoons butter
2 cups gnocchi
- In a frying pan brown the onion and bacon then set aside.
- Place the two chicken fillets into a frying pan with some olive oil and half the lemon juice then cook on medium heat.
- Mix balsamic vinegar with half the lemon juice, brown sugar, chilli flakes and rosemary then bring to the boil.
- Set on simmer as soon as mixture boils and add peeled tomatoes with some juice. Leave on simmer while chicken is cooking.
- Place 3 tablespoons of butter into a frying pan and melt. Add gnocchi and fry until golden brown.
- Steam spinach until wilted.
- Serve bacon and onion onto a dinner plate followed by the spinach, the gnocchi and then chicken breast. Drizzle with tomato balsamic sauce over the chicken breast.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate