Mum’s Beef Casserole
This is one of those recipes I had to have from my mum when I got married. Serve it with vegetables or a potato bake. Easy, yummy, hearty.
9 people made this
750g cubed steak
2 stalks celery
125g bacon, diced
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups (500ml) water
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tablespoon mixed herbs
- Melt butter in a large frypan then brown the cubed steak.
- Add diced celery, onion and bacon then sauté.
- Add flour and mix until covered.
- Gradually add water stirring until well combined.
- Add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and mixed herbs stirring well until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Place into a casserole dish and bake in moderate oven for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 126.96.36.199