Baked corn chips
- 1 packet Corn Tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preparation:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 triangular wedges and arrange in a single layer on a baking tray.
- In a spray bottle, combine the oil and lime juice. Mix well and spray each tortilla wedge until slightly moist. (Lightly brush on the oil and lime juice if you don't have a spray bottle)
- Combine the cumin, chilli powder and salt in a small bowl and sprinkle on the wedges.
- Bake for about 7 minutes. Rotate the tray and bake for another 8 minutes or until the wedges are crisp, but not too brown. Serve warm or room temperature with salsas, dips or guacamole.
Used different ingredients. This is an easy recipe to make and very good with some salsa. I used olive oil instead, but that was the only change I made. Very good and better for you than shop bought crisps - 29 Sep 2008
Used different ingredients. I didn't have limes, so I just sprayed on olive oil. I also added some seasoned salt instead of regular salt. Delicious! - 29 Sep 2008
I didn't have corn tortillas so used white Lebanese wraps instead. Then used rice bran oil and added a little Harissa paste to the lime/oil/ mix,as I had no chilli powder. Then I sprinkled the cumin/salt mix on before baking. Husband gave it the thumbs up.I found that if you leave the wrap whole to bake you can tweak the flavour as you go. We broke it up after baking and had the chips with home made guacamole.Will definitely do them again. - 30 Oct 2011