My Mum's Rum Balls
- 450g of maderia cake crumbs
- 400g of condensed milk
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1-2 tablespoons of rum
- extra desiccated coconut for decoration
Preparation:5min › Cook:20min › Ready in:25min
- Crumble the cake in a food processor and place the crumbs in a large bowl with all ingredients. Mix together. Start with one tablespoon of rum and add more to help it bind.
- Shape mixture into small walnut-sized balls.
- Roll the balls desiccated coconut and place on large plate in the fridge. Chill till firm and keep refrigerated in a closed container once firm.
Used different ingredients. Try weet bix instead of cake crumbs. - 30 Nov 2008
Altered ingredient amounts. I added sultanas cos I remember there being dried fruit in these? from when I was a kid? Rum balls are so easy to make for maximum, easy sweet treats! - 20 Dec 2008
brilliant - 23 Dec 2011