Spinach and Feta Lasagne
- For the Filling
- 250g crumbled feta cheese
- 350g cooked spinach (frozen spinach works fine as well)
- 350g reduced fat cottage cheese
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- for the tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tin (400g) tomato puree or passata
- 30ml water
- pinch oregano
- pinch thyme
- pinch basil
- pinch pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 cup grated cheese, Edam or mozzarella
- 1 packet (375g) fresh lasagna sheets
Preparation:20min › Cook:30min › Ready in:50min
- To make the tomato sauce: saute onion, garlic and a small amount of oil over a low heat until the onions and garlic turn clear. Add all other tomato sauce ingredients, using the water to rinse the tomato puree from the tin. Simmer over a low heat, stirring occasionally and allow to reduce a little.
- To make the filling and assemble: preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a medium size baking tray or casserole dish.
- Combine all filling ingredients together in a bowl and mix well. Layer spinach mix with the lasagna sheets twice - starting with the spinach and finishing with a lasagna layer. Pour over the tomato sauce mixture and top with grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins. Leave to stand after cooking as there is no egg to hold this together. The lasagne will stay warm for an hour or so at room temperature.
I used samon also it was deli !, thanks - 01 Aug 2011
Used different ingredients. Didnt have the right herbs, so used mixed italian herbs instead - 31 Jan 2011
I had to make something vegetarian for the brother's girlfriend and this picture was right here...and when I made it, it looked just like the picture:-) She liked it-thats all the approval you need. - 07 Oct 2008