Bacon Stuffed Tomatoes
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced green capsicum, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup croutons
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 sprigs parsley
Preparation:20min › Cook:25min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease an 18x28cm baking dish.
- Place bacon in a large, deep frying pan. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove, drain, dice and set aside.
- While bacon is cooking wash tomatoes and slice off stem ends. Gently scoop out pulp, leaving a centemetre wall. Finely chop pulp and place one third of it in a medium bowl. Discard remaining pulp, or reserve for another use.
- Stir bacon, capsicum, Parmesan, croutons, salt and pepper into tomato pulp. Spoon an equal amount of mixture into each hollowed out tomato.
- Place stuffed tomatoes into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until heated through. Garnish with parsley sprigs.
Used different ingredients. Absolutely delicious! Once the tomato was stuffed, I topped with some breadcrumbs, parm cheese and a little olive oil. Thanks Anita! - 29 Sep 2008
Altered ingredient amounts. One of the most succesful recipes I have tried from allrecipes; my stocker and I really enjoyed this. After reading the comments from a few reviewers, I upped the ingredients to avoid running out of stuffing, of course I ended up with too much, but the mixture is so flavourful that it can be combined with lettuce for a great salad or mixed in with other vegetables. - 29 Sep 2008
I don't always like tomatoes but I really enjoyed this. - 29 Sep 2008