1 / 1 Picture by: SamanthasSupper
Lamb Shoulder in the Slow Cooker
- 1kg lamb shoulder joint
- 1 cup lamb (or chicken) stock
- 1/2 glass red wine
- a pinch of dried mixed herbs
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cornflour mixed with water into a paste to thicken gravy (if needed)
- 1 tsp redcurrant jelly (optional)
Preparation:5min › Cook:8hours › Ready in:8hours5min
- Turn the slow cooker onto low. Place the lamb joint in the pot. Pour over the stock and wine. Season with pepper (salt not needed as the stock generally contains salt). Stir and cover with lid. Cook slowly for 7-8 hours, stirring and turning lamb occasionally.
- About 20 mins before serving, remove the lamb from the slow cooker and keep warm. Add the cornflour paste, stir well and keep lid off the cooker. Turn the heat to high to slightly thicken the gravy.
- Carve the meat or pull apart as will be very tender and falling off the bone. Stir the redcurrant jelly (if using) into the gravy, mix well and pour over the lamb. Serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!