1 / 1 Picture by:
Crumbed Fish in Couscous
Serves : 4
- 750g white fish fillets
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 3/4 cup (175ml) boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lime rind
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs lightly whisked
- flour, for dusting
Preparation:20min › Cook:8min › Ready in:28min
- Cut fillets into fingers - you can do this crossways or lengthways - depending on the size of "fingers" you want and your fillets..
- Place couscous in bowl and pour over boiling water. Cover and allow to stand for 5 minutes then separate grains with fork, this will have to be done gently. Mix looks a little like breadcrumbs when finished.
- Add paprika, lemon, lime, onion salt and freshly ground pepper, mix then place mixture in a flat tray.
- Dust fish in flour, dip in egg, press into the couscous mixture then place in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan and cook fingers for 4 minutes each side or until golden turning once.
I used different flavours- oregano, lemon myrtle, salt and pepper and lemon juice. Easy and tasty. - 20 Aug 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!